"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails." - Ramakrishna

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Music to Wake Up a Sluggish Brain

I woke up and immediately made a strong, strong cup of coffee. I then went online to YouTube see if I could find some Sheena Easton videos and found a bunch of them to watch, which I did. I heard her at work the other day and wanted to hear some more.

Man, Sheena is pretty. And sexy. And what a vocal range. She can thrill me right down to my bonemarrow.

Listening to music before I go to work is a great way to start the day. It gets my sluggish brain vibrating. Pumped up. Pulsating.

Yesterday the two songs that got me going then was "State of Independence" by Donna Summer, and a live version of "Little Feat" by Greg Brown. Such opposite styles of music, and yet the songs seemed to make me happy all day long.

I have to work today; a Sunday, dammit. The weekend! I have to work all weekend long! And yet I am going to do my damnedest to made today a really great day.

No comments: