"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails." - Ramakrishna

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Jazz Night

I have edited some pictures from last month and it is about time I uploaded them. A friend of mine invited me to listen to a jazz singer at a local cafe and eat a fancy pants dinner.

This is the outside of Nick's Italian Cafe. If you are ever in McMinnville, Oregon, you should eat there. There's all kinds of excellent food there to devour, including 7-course meals that go on for hours, and once you are done eating you have to be carted out in a gurney because you are so stuffed with food and too happy to move.


Jazz Night is held ever so often in the back of Nick's. I think it is by invitation only. I am a friend of a friend of Nick's, and so I was privileged to tag along. The above picture is an overall view of cafe patrons enjoying themselves.


These are the people I went to Jazz Night with, all friends I jam with music-wise on a weekly basis, not at Nick's, but at a private home.


"Look up, everyone, and pose," I told them.


Of course, I had to go trade places with one of the gang, and have her take the picture, so I could be included too. I don't like the shot of me though.


The cello player in the trio that performed.


The keyboard player.


The jazz singer, Shirley Nanette. If you ever learn of her performing somewhere and you like jazzy type music, treat yourself to her show. You won't be disappointed.


Shirley Nanette in the background at the bar taking a break.

No comments: