"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails." - Ramakrishna

Sunday, August 13, 2006

An Attitude of Gratitude-Aug.13, 2006

1. I am grateful that I am cleaning and organizing my place (finally) and I have been keeping it clean and organized! I love living like this!

2. I am grateful that despite my ADD I was actually able to read a book all the way through: The Beach House by James Patterson and Peter De Jonge; a good book, by the way, although a little bit far fetched.

3. I am grateful for the local library. Yesterday I visited there, one of my favorite places in the whole wide world, and checked out the following:

· 3 Art in America Magazines and 1 Architectural Digest;
· the book, The Summons by John Grisham;
· 3 DVD’s: Spinal Tap, Lovesick, and the first season of the television series, Arrested Development;
· and 6 CD’s: k.d. lang’s Hymns of the 49th Parallel, Patti Labelle’s Classic Moments, Paul Simon’s You’re the One, Linda Ronstadt’s Cry Like a Rainstorm, Howl Like the Wind (featuring Aaron Neville), and 2 Tracy Chapman’s, Crossroads and New Beginnings.

4. I am grateful my son has not moved in with me yet, and I am able to stick to my guns and stick with the tough love stance that he needs to make it on his own no matter what. After all, he is 25 years old, and he is the one that needs to be taking care of himself, not me.

5. I am grateful that someone decided to remake the series, Battlestar Galactia. Have you seen it? It has been redone in such a great manner. Quick! Rush out and rent/buy Season One! If you are a science fiction freak like me, you won’t regret it.

No comments: