"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails." - Ramakrishna

Friday, August 18, 2006

Mr. Interview: The First Three Monitored Projects

Mr. Interview: So tell me Harley, where are you at with your monitored projects?

Harley: First, let me review what they are so far.

Mr. Interview: Okay.

Harley: Project 1: Learn How to Add Pictures to My Blog.

Project 2: Completely Clean My Home.

Project 3: Figure Out a Way to Keep My Home Clean Moment by Moment.

Mr. Interview: So NOW tell me, Harley, where are you at with your monitored projects?

Harley: Project 1 was a mental bitch to figure out because I started by trying to upload my profile picture.

Mr. Interview: This wasn’t an easy thing to do?

Harley: No, it wasn’t. But I finally figured it out by going
here and here. I won’t bore you with the details. But then I tried to upload a picture to a blog entry, and I tried and tried and tried and tried, but the damn picture wouldn’t upload no matter what! Finally I went back to here and here and I learned that my Internet Explorer doesn’t always cooperate with the Blogger site where my blog is now located. I ended up having to download a brand-new-for-me browser, The Mozilla Firefox, and then tried uploading the picture through it, and it worked like a charm.

Mr. Interview: So now you can say Project #1 has been completed.

Harley: Yes, I can, though it wasn’t an easy road to travel down.

Mr. Interview: How about Project #2. Where are you at on that?

Harley: Ah, the one where I must completely clean my home. I’ve been working on that. I’ve cleaned my kitchen, my living room, my bathroom, my office, and my patio. But I haven’t cleaned these different areas up to the point that I want them. Right now I am simply making them presentable and non-embarrassing for me if anybody should happen to drop by unannounced. These areas look good, way better than I had been keeping them, and they are staying that way due to some intense, concentrated efforts on my part. Plus, I almost have my laundry all caught up.

The next areas I want to clean are my studio and my big shed and my little shed. Plus I plan to spiff up my beat-up old truck somewhat. And then do some yard work.

And then I want to go back to where I started and go through my trailer, sheds, truck and yard again continuously improving on I have here. And then do it again and again until I am satisfied. Which I think will never actually happen, because it is a non-ending day to day process.

Mr. Interview: So the same time you are working on Project #2, you are also working on Project #3. How are you able to keep your place clean?

Harley: By adopting a mindset that the messes I make must be cleaned up right after I make them. Plus, I try not to make big messes in the first place. It is a visual thing with me. I tell myself my place must look good at all times. If it doesn’t I must do what it takes to make it look good the first chance I get.

And I’m trying to adopt a few new rules to live by, such as there is to be no dirty dishes in my sink, and I must make my bed first thing in the morning after I climb out of it.

Mr. Interview: And this is working for you?

Harley: Yes! At least for the time being. I hope my newfound cleanliness lasts. I can’t believe how much happier I am living like this.

Mr. Interview: Good for you.

Harley: Yes, good for me.

No comments: