"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails." - Ramakrishna

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Six Questions

Questions to ask myself about stuff I want to do at least 10 minutes daily:

1. What is your blood pressure? 138 over 86. A blood pressure reading below 120 over 80 is considered normal. This means I am going to have to keep checking my blood pressure for the next two weeks. If it stays in the high numbers, I'm going to have to show my doctor these numbers. Most likely he'll then probably want to up my meds, and that's a real pisser because as it is I'm already taking two pills for it.)


2. Did you practice your guitar playing today? Why yes I did. What did you work on? I am learning an instrumental piece called The Fiddler's Contest from the book, Celtic Airs, Jigs, Hornpipes, &Reels by Stephen Grossman. Don't be too impressed. I am very green at trying to perform this new-to-me type of guitar playing. If I want to get any good at this, I'm going to have to practice more than just one 10 minute interval a day.


3. Where are you on your house-cleaning project? I am still cleaning my art studio. Because I want to enter some text here saying I have made improvements in this room, I just went and spent over 20 minutes in there (that's over two 10 minute intervals!) What I still need to do: remove some paint stains off my art desk, sweep, put together my art bag, organize my drawers, sort through and organize my canvases and various art pieces, hang a bulletin board, move a stereo speaker across the room, etc.


4. What loved ones did I contact today? I called Younger Sis. I had thought about visiting her today up on the mountain where her family and she lives, but her son is recovering from an operation and I figure she needs to devote her undivided attention to him. (I can't go into any great detail about his operation because that's my sis and her family's personal business.)


I also returned a call to one of my best friends, Sy. The news with him is he is possibly buying two new airplanes. He already owns one as it is, and has another one in a kit yet to be put together. Sy has been trying to get me to go flying with him, and I've yet to accept his offer. I jokingly tell him I've been with him when he drives fast in his sports car. Why should I trust how he flies a plane? But actually the truth is that I am thoroughly scared shitless when it comes to the idea of flying in little planes.


5. What art piece did I work on? That would be my self-portrait drawing. I have it taped up on my bathroom mirror and I draw on it whenever the mood strikes me. I'm using the beginning version of it for my profile picture here on this blog. I plan to scan it again soon to my computer and upload the updated version to this site and replace the older one. I'll keep doing this until the art piece is done.


6. What were today's ab exercises? I have a book I recently purchased called Men's Health: Amazing Abs. I lied on the floor and did two exercises out of that. One exercise was called The Traditional Crunch, and the other was called Pulse-Ups.

No comments: