"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails." - Ramakrishna

Saturday, September 16, 2006

New Radiator

(Written Friday morning.)

My truck is in the shop. I am riding my bike down there in a short while and picking her up this morning. I had to have her radiator replaced. It will cost me around two hundred and eighty nine dollars. The mechanic said it needed replacing because apparently a rock that I ran over, shot up and pierced it.

I was heading for my younger sister’s place up in the mountains to visit for a day or two last week, when I happened to glance at the water gauge. I was only about fifteen miles into my journey and my truck engine was starting to get hot! I immediately pulled over and called my sister and told her I had to turn around. I was so disappointed. So was my sister. I rarely ever make such a lengthy trip as this, and I really wanted to hang out with her. We’re not only related, but she is one of my very best friends. The main reason I don’t travel to her place all that often is because I over worry that my beat-up old truck is going to run into mechanical problems. And that, my friends, is exactly what happened. Damn!

No comments: