"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails." - Ramakrishna

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Revisiting Project #3, the One Where I Am Figuring Out a Way to Keep My Home Clean Moment by Moment

As I am starting to slide back into letting my place get messy, I have to ask myself this question: what is it I need to say to myself to keep me in a constant cleaning mode?

I came up with the following:

“I am cleaning as I go.”

“I don’t want to come back to this mess.”

“I am not thinking about it, I am just doing it.” (Cleaning.)

“Don’t act on that urge to put it off until later. Do it now!”

“Don’t forget: I love cleaning my place up. I love it when my house is all clean and organized.”

“Keeping my place clean and organized should be one of my top priorities.”

“My life runs so much smoother and I am much happier having a clean and organized home.”

“There’s a mess there! Clean it! Now!”

I believe the human brain is like a computer and in it you must feed the correct data to get what you want. I want a clean and organized place, dammit! Maybe if I continuously feed my brain the above data I’ll get what I want.

I’ll keep you informed on whether this works or not.

No comments: